How to Install Free Plone Themes on Plone 4
The following are general instructions for free theme installation on Plone 4. There is INSTALL.txt file in every theme's /docs directory with the exact installation instructions for every theme.
To install Free Plone Themes on Plone 4:
- Open buildout.cfg file in the root of your instance
- Add quintagroup.theme.themename to the list of eggs to install:
[buildout] ... eggs = ... quintagroup.theme.themename
- Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug (skip this step for Plone 4.1):
[instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... zcml = quintagroup.theme.themename
- Re-run buildout with the following command in the terminal:
- Restart the Zope server, for example, with the following command in the terminal:
- On your Plone site go to Site Setup -> Add-ons
- Select the theme among products available for installation press 'Activate'.
In case you get zope-schema-related version conflict (Error: There is a version conflict. We already have: zope.schema 3.5.4 but z3c.form 2.4.2 requires 'zope.schema>=3.6.0) during buildout re-run, please add the following line to the list of extends in your buildout.cfg file:
[buildout] ... extends = ... http://good-py.appspot.com/release/plone.app.registry/1.0b2
This should resolve the version conflict. This conflict usually appears for themes that use Products.Carousel as their dependency.